Monday, September 28, 2009

Typhoon Ondoy

It saddens me whenever I watch the television
and see people crying and begging for help.
In one night, everything was gone.
Everything that people worked hard on was ruined.
And the worse part is that they have lost their relatives
because of the flash floods, landslide, and such. :(
How horrible life can be sometimes.
I also heard stories from friends that
the flood went inside their houses and almost ruined
their whole ground floor.
There was also a fire near my house.
Thank God it was 2-3 blocks away. :|
It was raining non-stop.
Everyone's stranded.
The BIG EDSA road became a parking lot
because no car can pass by the neck-deep flood. :(

What shocked me the most is when
one of my co-jazz dancers', Precious, house is
completely wiped out of the map.
All their things are gone.
Home, clothes, gadgets/appliances, food, everything. :(
I'm not sure if they can still get the house back
after the flood goes out, but I doubt that
they will be able to get all their things back.
Tomorrow, all of the LSDC-Jazz old and current members
will be sending relief goods and clothes to Precious and her family.
I'm just worried about her two nieces.
This will be very traumatic for them. :(
I'm just glad they are safe in a motel now.

As for me,
we did not have electricity at home for 1 and a half days.
No water. No electricity.
It almost drove me crazy.
We literally looked for something that we could fix or clean
just to keep ourselves busy. :(
I was able to finish a book,
A Walk To Remember,
in an hour or so.
I was able to clean my electric fan.
I was able to throw out old papers and receipts.
I also was able to let my laptop rest for a day.
Hahaha what an experience!
I'm sure everyone felt the same.
I'm just very thankful that I have a house,
food, clothes, and
FAMILY who will be there in times of need. :)

Be safe everyone
and let's hope for the best. :)

No comments: