Sunday, March 23, 2014

On Weekends

          In search for some quiet place where I could chill, read a book, or practically, just sit down and have an alternative environment, I always spend my weekends outside wandering about. Tiong Bahru is known for its modernity. This area may have been known for where the first established land of now called HDB, but as what they say: the old, when restructured, comes out more beautiful. I always consider myself lucky to have found an apartment along these alternative shops. I, finally, can say that I live in a decent area of a cosmopolitan country.

          One of my favorite spots here in Singapore, apart from Haji Lane, is Yong Siak Street. This area is definitely not short on great food, drinks, and novelty shops. I always find myself walking around here since it is just few minutes away from my place. Many a times have I seen myself drooling over scrumptious pastries and special teas. Books and all those artsy trinkets have always caught my eye. Seeing myself in this kind of place made me realize this: "Oh yes, I am going to survive my 2-year stay in Singapore!" I will not deny it and I know there is more to try and see, but I have found the perfect place to enjoy and have an awesome time.


Books Actually
Mon: 11am-6pm
Tue-Fri: 11am-9pm
Sat: 10am-9pm
Sun: 10am-6pm









Woods in the Books
Mon: Closed
Tue-Sat and PH: 11am-8pm
Sun: 11am-6pm





Stangelets
Mon-Fri: 11am-8pm
Sat and Sun: 10am-8pm





Plain Vanilla Bakery
Tue-Fri: 11am-8pm
Sat: 9am-8pm
Sun: 9am-6pm







Tue: 8:30-6pm
Wed and Thu: 8:30-10pm
Fri and Sat: 8:30-11pm
Sun: 8:30-6pm


No comments: