Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Waves Are Calling

          "Love is a risk that we all have to take. Bakit hindi mo siya bigyan ng chance? We all can see how much he likes you. Inaalagaan ka niya."

          You have taught me this right before that very moment when the waves took your life. I was so scared at that time to even give myself a chance, what more to other people. It never crossed my mind that that would be our last conversation; that it was a goodbye- our last toast, last laughter, last photo together, and last dip into the water. We all should have known and took preliminary precautions, but as what they have said, "If it is your time, it is your time."

          Every nitty-gritty detail of March 16, 2013 is still fresh in my heart. I can vividly remember the scenario. I can never forget how your once jolly and full of life aura became lifeless and pale, how we all tried to make things work for you to make it, and how we all stared blankly at you in the morgue with nothing but a thin, white sheet covering your whole body. Hindi ko malimutan na sa isang saglit kinuha ka nalang ng ganon. May the angels of heaven shower you today with love and happiness. No more regret and guilt, just love.

          Thank you, Nan, for making me realize some things are worth the risk. You have been nothing but a good friend, listener, and most of all, kalokohan. I will forever be grateful that once in your short life, I was a part of it. Happy 1st year in heaven! We miss you. Thank you so much.




No comments: