Saturday, July 13, 2013

Welcome To Singapore Lah!

So finally, here I am in this fine City Of Lion.

Honestly, I already feel homesick and lonely.
Basically, for the past 2 days (and counting), awful things keep bugging me out.

1) I stayed for 4 hours or so in the airport. Not that I am complaining, but sleeping while sitting is not as comfortable and heavenly as sleeping in a bed.

2) I was so hungry and could not afford the food in the airport since I am on a tight budget.

3) I must have forgotten I will be carrying a LOT and a little girl like me can only carry so much. I rode the MRT and bus instead of riding the taxi. Ha! I saved $38 because of that.

4) Since, I did not exactly know where my flat was, I went up and down the stairs of my building while carrying my luggage, duffel bag, back pack, shoulder bag, and canvas bag. Apparently, there are different staircases for every flat number.

5) When I finally found my flat, no one was home. I could not help but cry outside. I did not have internet access to contact my landlady nor did I have a Singapore number to call.

I think it took the landlady half an hour to arrive. Thank God. I rushed inside the room and cried for a while. I just felt really exhausted, sleepy, and lost. I slept the day off and was glad to talk to my worried boyfriend when I woke up. I have to rest for tomorrow is the big day!

Lesson learned: Bring ONLY what is necessary and never ever be stingy if it is for your own convenience.

No comments: