Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

I woke up super late today and didn't get
to do much.
Since it's a Good Friday,
no mall or any chill-out place is open. BOO. :|
So we went to the church instead- San Sebastian Recoletos.
It was my first time to visit the church and yes,
as the traditional thing goes on,
I made a wish. :)
The church has a European-inspired structure.
I was in awe the moment I entered the sacred place.
It's just so beautiful and holy.
I didn't get to take photos of the church, though.
We will go back there on Sunday and will definitely
take a LOT. Teehee! :D

Anyway, I was surprised to see a long queue of people
the moment I went in the church.
I thought there was a mass on going,
but to my surprise, people lined up to kiss, touch, and pray on
the statue of Jesus Christ inside a casket.
My grandmother asked me to line up with her
and I told her I don't want to.
Being the agnostic me, I will not worship on statues.
I am a Roman Catholic, yes; however,
exposed to different religions and
grew up in a non-sectarian school
made me realize that I need not worship the One Above
by JUST going to the church nor praising the statues.
Anywhere or everywhere, I can pray and call upon Him.
That's just me. :)

We went home and
for the first time after 3 days, I ate a sumptuous meal.
And since I got too lazy to start on my to-do list,
I had a movie marathon and camwhored a bit. ;)

So yeah... Here are the pictures :3




No comments: