Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chaînés, Cycling Shorts, and Shooting Stars




And finally,
I was able to do the ONLY thing that would satisfy
my hunger for dancing- contemporary.
Going back to my root of dancing made me feel whole and complete
yet again.
It is just so amazing.
So inspiring.

After the class yesterday,
I suddenly realized that this is like my debut after a year of
absence in the arts community.
I feel like a little kid- so excited and innocent.
I almost forgot the vocabulary and different forms & gestures.
Oh gosh. This is making me cry.
I miss those days when I was still in college dancing for
La Salle Dance Company.
Every week, we would have performance requests.
Our MWF dance classes where I used to wear
cycling shorts and off-shoulder/tight-fitting shirts.
And the best of all? Annual concert.
I miss everything. :')
Yesterday, I was so glad to be with them again;
only this time it's for Step by Steph's recital on May 28, 2011.
Still, it feels like I was back in the days.

We ended at around 10-ish and Mommy Steph & I
went to her place to change for our late night bonding.
While walking to her house,
WE SAW A SHOOTING STAR.
Yes. I. Did. For. The. First. Time. In. My. Life.
I couldn't believe my eyes because it was
exquisitely beautiful and breath-taking.
So fast and amazing...
If only my eyes could take a photo of it...
It's luminous color made it really unbelievable- light blue-ish/silver.
And of course, I did not forget to make a wish. :">

And to end my day,
I received a text message from
one of my handful trusted friends, Phil.
It says:

"Happiness is good for the body.
But sorrow is good for the spirit."
-Bruce Lee

And I get to dance, laugh, and just chill
with my Mommy Steph, Katie, and Yo.
We really had an awesome day and night. :)

Good things come when you least expect them.
Thank you, Lord, for these wonderful gifts.

2 comments:

Stephie said...

very well said baby.. i love every single day i spend with you.. it's just magic! i love you!!

Gayle Penaranda said...

:"> Me too. No pressure. No worries. Just an awesome bonding time. :D LOVELOVE YOU TOO, Mommy!