Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Museo Pambata


Museo Pambata
(Museum for Children)
is located at Roxas Boulevard corner T.M. Kalaw.
It is open from Tuesday- Sunday
9am-5pm.
50% ticket discount for Manila residents :P
Weeeee!

So ok, I went there earlier with my blockmate Nia
to check out their library for our ECEDLIT class.
Can you believe it?
It was actually my first time to go there.
19 years of my life here in Manila,
I have NEVER been there.
Loser, I know. :))
We always pass by the area, but I have never visited it.
And so, today is the day!

Nia and I went there after our class.
I was so ready to splurge for the ticket,
but the receptionist saved my burning pocket.
He asked us if we were Manila residents.
Of course we are! *wink*
He then asked us if we have IDs
that have our addresses on them.
I used my Western Union receipt as a proof.
Sadly though, Nia did not bring her EAF or any proof
and so she was asked to pay 100php for the entrance.
Guess what?
Mine was free!!!
Every Tuesdays, they let Manila residents go in for free
once they give a proof that they are students
and yeah, they are residing here in Manila.

The place is so amazing!
I wish Jay went there with me.
He would love the Science Area and the Sports Area.
The Science Area is soooooo awesome!
The gadgets and invented materials displayed
are so cool and amazing!
I take my hat off to the inventors of all those things. :)

I was like "=O" when I entered the room.
with my blockmate Nia

Life-size piano. You would literally use your feet to play. :))I call it "Swirly-Dizzy" :))
Check out the picture below.
Look closely. Cool huh? It says Museo Pambata. :)
Nia trying the "Lift-up"
HUUUUGGEEE Kaleidoscope
I wonder if this is true :D
Coolest thing ever!
Nia and I kept pressing the start button for like nth times :))
And that's me right there! :D
My favorite places were the library and the Fishes Area. :)

The place looks scary but it is very beautiful in real-life.
Small fishes
Big fishes

Tunnel with scraps

Trees

A nipa hut
There is also a Philippine history area where
paintings, dioramas, and clothes
of Philippine heroes are displayed
for public viewing; and a pasalubong area where
visitors could buy handcraft and recycled materials.
I bought postcards for Jay. :)



I would definitely go back there.
I have to bring Jay the next time
I visit Museo Pambata. :)

No comments: