Thursday, June 25, 2009

Eyeglasses

I know I am being silly,
but come on, who wouldn't feel bad if you
see one day your dad is wearing eyeglasses?
It's not a big thing for most of the people I know.
Some would probably just laugh at me and
will not heed whatever I write here.

It's just that I'm so used to the "dad" who is
strong, energetic, and young.
I did not realize that my parents are getting older already.

I cried earlier.
Okay, don't laugh.
I felt really scared when my dad text messaged
me about the bad news.
It's one of the signs of aging.
And then, it also crossed my mind that maybe
I wasn't spending more time with him
that's why I didn't notice.
I cried even more knowing that the reason why
I couldn't spend more time with him is
because of my academics and extracurricular activities.

I feel much better now.
And I also learned something new-
eyeglasses make you see things clearly.
I know now where I'm heading to and what should I do.
2 more terms...
I just have to wait.

No comments: