Sunday, June 21, 2009

Barbie: Celebrating Its 50th Anniversary

Barbara Millicent Roberts a.k.a. Barbie,
one of the most famous women in the world,
celebrated its 50th anniversary last March 2009.

A business woman named Ruth Handler,
former president of Mattel Inc.,
created Barbie in 1959.
Her daughter, Barbara, inspired her
when Ruth saw her daughter
playing and giving paper dolls mature roles.
They had a trip to Europe and there Ruth
saw a German doll that was exactly what's on her mind.
Since then, Barbie doll became a hit on young girls.
And oh, even to teenagers and young adults too. *wink*

So here's a few pictures I've taken
from the Toys R' Us (Robinson's Ermita) stall
in celebration of Barbie's 50th.



And my favorite among the Barbie dolls I have seen...
Preview Magazine also paid tribute to Barbie
through the Barbie-inspired June 2009 issue.
They dressed up and made up cover girl Marian Rivera
to look like Barbie.

I remember when I was young,
my parents used to buy Barbie dolls for me every Sunday.
I love her fashion style and her long blonde locks.
She is so pretty. :D
I was morbid though.
I ALWAYS cut her hair thinking it would grow back. Haha!
And yeah, her limbs too. :|
I also don't know why. :))
But despite that, no matter how old you are,
Barbie is timeless.

No comments: