Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Unsa Naa Unya? (What's Up Later?) Part 2

9th of May:
We finally get to see Avengers! I thought I would not be able to watch this. :)) I really have to agree with most of the movie reviewers. Avengers is second to Dark Knight. I love how they showed each character of Marvel. Too bad Spiderman was not there. Two-thumbs up for Joss Whedon! And of course, I still think Iron Man is foxy and witty.


After watching the movie, we headed to take a merienda at Kasagingan. My tummy is happy! The dessert is just too awesome and delicious. Two-ron for the win!













10th of May
Dealing with young children and sharing my passion with friends are my heart & soul's interest. We visited the SOS Children's Village. Their vision and mission are perfectly in line with mine- family and love for children. I did storytelling and art activities for children ages 3-7. Julian conducted a dance class for bigger kids. 


The moment I stepped in the room, the kiddies swarmed over me and showered me with hugs. I almost cried right then and there. These children were deprived from love and nurturing. They yearn for caress and warm hugs. Being a preschool teacher of international students, I felt sorry for these kids because each and every one of them deserves the best. My goal for that day changed. I want them to feel loved and cared for even for a little while.


Everyone was just so excited for the activities. To make everyone feel at home, I asked them to sit on the floor with me. There was this one particular kid who was so shy to sit with us. I can still remember her sheepish smile while saying this, "Hiya man ako. (I am shy.)" My heart melted ten times over.


 I told a story about babies inside the mother's womb, just in time for Mothers' Day. For the Art Activity, I asked them to make a special card for their mothers. I was told that this made all the mommies VERY happy. I was SO glad and fulfilled. 














A lavishing merienda awaited us. Bistro Rosario really serves good food. When I say it is good, it REALLY is good. :) Kudos to Julian's grandmom! We ordered pizza, as what Tita Aileen has advised, and I chose fettucini and halo-halo for me. My tummy is happy yet again! :D



 






11th-12th of May:
Another chill-out day for us. We stayed at home till late afternoon to rest because we are going back to Samal Island in the evening. We're going to stay overnight at Candi's farm. Woooooot! Last hurrah before I go back home to Manila. I thought the heavy rain would spoil our trip, but thank God we arrived safe at the farm. 


The car got stuck in the mud, no sufficient light to see how we will be able to get the car out of the mud, and heavy rain was pouring that night. Because of that, our adventure in the farm began. Candi's dad fetched us with their red F150 at the entrance. We all sat at the back of the pick-up car. It was the first in so many years that I allowed myself to be soaked in rain. It felt SO good. 


We slept around 4 in the morning talking about life and love. I have shared and discovered things that have been hunting me for quite some time. Finally, they are gone. :)


Last night in Davao was EPIC to the highest level. All I can say is that I'm still kilig and happy. Thank you, Julian, for that awesome suprises. I love you.










No comments: