Saturday, May 14, 2011

New Home

And so, it is official. :)
I found a new place to share
my knowledge, skills,
and passion for teaching little children.
My 2-week trial at Creative Play Corner just ended yesterday
and a day before my supposedly last day,
the directress told me I will handle either
the Teddy Bears or the Care Bears in the coming school year. ;)
Oh new bebes this coming June! Hihi

I really have to admit that I learned so many things from them-
art, strategies, and music.
I did not know I could be this flexible.
I thought I could only handle Toddlers,
but during my trial,
I was able to handle different age groups without any assistance.
I not only enjoyed teaching them,
but I also feel really good that everyday,
I learn something new from the children.
I also like the fact that CPC is a student-centered preschool.
They treat every child as if their own.
I am also surprised to see that most of the children
in CPC are fond of me.
Charisma much? :))

My relationship with my co-teachers are also
getting better and better everyday.
This made me realize that I really want to work in CPC.
Most of the teachers are graduates of my alma mater,
De La Salle University, and University of the Philippines.
I like the idea of always eating lunch with them.
It makes me feel more comfortable and at home.
I also felt very kilig when the directress
from the other branch told me this yesterday,
"How's your class? I heard you are doing very good."

And what makes me say that CPC is my new found home?
The preschool is located in a private and high-class village.
It is so peaceful and welcoming that
waking up SO early in the morning is not a problem for me.
I also like the environment of the preschool-
a lot of children's artworks hanged in each classroom,
colorful sliding doors painted by the teachers,
and useful educational materials ready to use.

I really must say that to get a hang of being a preschool teacher,
you have to immerse yourself and love what you are doing & the children.
I cannot wait for June to come! :D

No comments: