Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bloopers, Interrogations, and What Not

What I like about my job is that I learn everyday.
Not a single boring moment has ever come my way. :)
I get ideas from my colleagues and most especially, with my students.
I learn how to appreciate small things- may it be the child's artwork, smiley face, etc..
I get very happy whenever I accomplish
something that concerns about my students.
And of course, I also get those hideous, awkward moments
with the parents whenever they do not like what just happened with their child.

I LOVE my work. I LOVE being called "Teacher Gayle."
And to top it all, I LOVE my students very very much.
I am enjoying it too much that waking up at 5am is a piece of cake for me.
Mind you, I am not an early bird. ;)

Anyway, here are the simple conversations and
moments I had with my students that made me
REALLY happy. Like really happy. :D

1. In the playground
Me: Baby, what are you doing there?
Student: Buh-bye! (She loves saying that. I don't know why.)
Me: Come out here and play with *****.
Students: No! *constipated look while holding the leaves*
(She was pooping that time. Haha)

2. While practicing their writing skills
Student: Teacher Gayle, why are you so young?
Me: It's because I just graduated from college.
Student: Like that, Teacher?
Me: Yes, that's why you have to practice writing
so you can go to a big school already and be like Teacher Gayle.

3. One lunch time
Student: Teacher Gayle, why do you have 3 earrings and I only have two?
Me: It's just a design, ****. (OMG. I was stunned when she asked me that.)

4. During snack time, one of the students was trying to crack a joke
and no one laughed but him
Student: Ayy.. She didn't laugh at my joke *while pointing to his classmate*

5. Discussing about the life cycle of a butterfly
Me: Remember our story about the big, fat caterpillar who was very
hungry and ate a lot of food?
Student: Yes...
Me: What did he do after eating? Did he sleep? *making hand gestures*
Student: Yes, sleep. *copying my hand gestures*
Me: How many days do you think he slept to become a beautiful and colorful butterfly?
Student: 5days. *sounded very sure of her answer*
Me: Really? *smiling*
Student: Yah!

See how smart and adorable my students are!
I am so proud of them. :)
Their answers may be incorrect, but I know
they are very witty and will learn a lot.

No comments: