Thursday, October 21, 2010

Define Love

"There is never a time or place for true love.
It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat,
in a single flashing, throbbing moment."
-Sarah Dessen

There are so many definitions that people can think of
when it comes to the big "L" word.
Who could blame them when really,
LOVE makes the world go around?

Sometimes, it makes me wonder and think:
"What do people really think when they hear the word 'love'?
Do they get hurt as much as I do?
Are they just settling just because
they are not getting younger anymore?
Are they in it for money or they really love the person?
Are they just in love with the thought of love?
or simply,
Are they pretending they are in love because
of desperation and peer pressure? "
I would not know the real answers but one thing's for sure,
whatever reason they may have in mind,
I say, they are IN LOVE.

Love is such a priceless creation made by God
and it is just purely felt and given to people
with or without hesitations.
This is merely a magical, electrical feeling
that your heart sends to your brain
and in one moment,
you are attached to the feeling & you know it.
It is love, indeed.
You can never control nor stop it.
In the words of Phil Pamintuan,
IT IS WHAT IT IS.

As for me,
love...
Love is all about being true to yourself and to other people
because in hypocrisy comes hate.
When I love someone,
I show it and not just say it.
I don't need people to dictate or approve of
the person I love or going to love.
As what we all have read in the Holy Bible (1 Corinthians 13),
"Love is not rude..Love always protects,
always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
And in love,
you find yourself constantly fighting and hoping
that one day, you both reach the end of the rainbow together.

Distance will never be a hindrance
because I know in my heart,
this will not be for long.
One day...
Someday...
We will be together again.
With that I could really say,
love makes the world go around.

No comments: